Hawke's Bay Christmas at the Park is produced by the Kaisen Charitable Trust and has been a local event for over twenty years. The first six years this was a small amateur event and for the past fourteen years it has been run professionally as a large community event. It now averages 15,000 people each year, with free entry. The event location alternates between Hastings and Napier, utilising Anderson Park in Greenmeadows and the Mitre 10 Sports Park in Hastings. The event brings together many community groups including Lions clubs, Rotary clubs, Churches, Marching teams, Schools, businesses and councils.
The Kaisen Charitable Trust have owned the event since 2008. Our mission was to move the event from an amateur event of 2,500 to a professional event of 15-20,000. The event is now looked forward to by thousands of people in our community each year and attracts people from all over the Hawke's Bay region, including Central Hawke's Bay and Wairoa. Property Brokers Christmas at the Park is firmly cemented as a dependable, quality event to start off the busy Hawke's Bay summer calendar.
- This year’s event date is the 9th of December 2023, which is the second Saturday in December
- The event typcially attracts 15-20,000 people
- The venue alternates annually between Napier’s Park Island Sports Ground & Mitre10 Park in Hastings
- This is a free family & whānau event
- It was first established in 1998 and has been a Hawke’s Bay Christmas staple for 23 straight years
- We have the support of approximately 280 volunteers from a wide range of community groups
- We have the support of both the Napier City and Hastings District Councils